HONOLULU, Hawaii - (February 14, 2014) More than 350 of the newest cars, crossovers, trucks, SUVs, luxury cars and classics will add to the family fun at this year's First Hawaiian International Auto Show, held Friday, March 14 through Sunday, March 16 at the Hawaii Convention Center. The annual event is the ideal setting for showgoers to fuel their automotive passion while researching some of the hottest new models and in-car technology, all in a no pressure environment. From plug-in electric vehicles to a dazzling collection of ultra-high-end exotics, everyone's dream car will be on display over
The First Hawaiian International Auto Show is the perfect place for attendees to research, compare and evaluate their next vehicle purchase. Several exciting all-new or redesigned vehicles will be showcased including the BMW 4 Series, Chevrolet Corvette Stingray, Jaguar F-Type, Mercedes-Benz S550, Nissan Rogue, Toyota Corolla and more. With so many new vehicles to survey, the auto show is the perfect place to sit in the seats, pop open hoods, kick tires and smell that new car smell.
Several pre-production and 2015-model-year vehicles will also be on display including the 2015 Audi A3 Sedan, 2015 Ford Mustang, 2015 Ford F-150, 2015 Ford Super Duty, 2015 Kia K900 and 2015 Subaru WRX. Introduced just a few weeks ago and not yet available on dealership lots, the auto show is the only place on the islands to get up-close and hands on with these new vehicles.
Don't miss the Multi-Million Dollar Exotic Vehicle display, featuring some of the most unique, fastest - and not to mention most expensive vehicles, from Ferrari, Maserati, Lamborghini and Bentley, courtesy of JN Automotive Group. These high-end models feature sticker prices well into the six figures, can rocket to 60 mph in under 3.5 seconds and offer an escape from the ordinary commute.
After checking out all the new and classic models inside the show, attendees can take the auto show experience one step further and test drive a selection of cars, trucks and SUVs on a roadway course around the convention center. A vehicle expert will accompany drivers to highlight the model's key features and performance characteristics. As an added bonus for getting behind the wheel, each participant will receive a Papa John's pizza voucher redeemable online for a medium, one-topping pizza. Test drives will be during daylight hours only. While supplies last. Limited to the first 500 test drive participants. Delivery charges, taxes and restrictions apply.
Showgoers will also have the chance to explore all of the new technology currently being offered on automobiles. Significant upgrades in safety, entertainment and convenience features have made new models more sophisticated than ever. From 360-degree cameras, crash avoidance systems and inflatable seatbelts to massive multimedia screens, integrated smartphone Apps and even the ability to open the rear hatch by just waving your foot, the auto show is the perfect place to get the scoop on the latest technology making commutes safer and more enjoyable.
In keeping with the Hawaii Clean Energy Initiative, the large "Cars and Energy" display will illustrate how Hawaii's abundant sources of electric energy, produced by wind, wave, sun, geo-thermal, ocean thermal, garbage-to-energy, and bio-fuels can provide inexpensive electricity to power cars. The display helps point to a future in which Hawaii could harness its abundant natural power sources for the creation of clean, efficient, affordable mobility through electric vehicles. Several electric vehicles will be on display including models from Nissan, Chevrolet, Ford, Toyota and more.
Following are the details on additional special promotions:
• Car Club Displays - Eye candy, including rare collections of antique vehicles from the Aloha Region AACA, classic Porsches and Volkswagens, and tricked-out Scions will be stopping traffic as they collect oohs and aahs this year.
• Vehicles from Hawaii Five-O - See vehicles from the hit TV show in the Chevrolet display!
• Free Pizza Sampling - Visit the gazebo to sample a variety of pizza offerings on all show days, served hot by Papa John's.
• Military Two-Fer Day - On Saturday only, all Department of Defense - reservists, National Guard and retired with a military ID can gain admission "Two for the price of One": Buy one $8 military admission with a military ID & receive a second military admission free, with a second valid military ID. Must present two military IDs at the box office. Not valid with any other offer.
• Shop at Ala Moana Center, then Visit the Auto Show - Present a receipt from any merchant and get $2 off one adult admission. Valid all show days.
• FREE Motor Trend Auto Shows App - Visit iTunes or Google Play to download the new Motor Trend Auto Shows free mobile App for the iPhone or Android. Use the App to buy tickets, map your route, view participating manufacturers and get vehicle information at a glance.
• FREE Subscription to Motor Trend Magazine - Showgoers will receive a FREE one-year subscription to Motor Trend magazine (a $12 value) just for attending. Simply sign up at the auto show and receive 12 issues of the world's #1 automotive authority direct to your mailbox.
The First Hawaiian International Auto Show will be open to the public Friday, March 14 through Sunday, March 16, at the Hawaii Convention Center in Honolulu. The First Hawaiian Bank continues as the auto show's title sponsor. The auto show is also sponsored by the Hawaii Automobile Dealers Association and the Honolulu Star-Advertiser and produced by Motor Trend Auto Shows, LLC, the nation's largest auto show producer and part of the Source Interlink Companies, Inc.
Show hours are Friday noon to 10 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Sunday 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Admission is $10 for adults (13 and older), $8 for military (with any D.O.D ID), $7 for senior citizens (62 and older) and FREE for children 12 and younger. Save time and money, purchase E-tickets in advance at www.HiAutoShow.com and receive a $1 discount off regular adult admission. Discount coupons are available while supplies last at Oahu branches of First Hawaiian Bank and participating new car dealers. Additional information can be found on the official auto show website, www.HiAutoShow.com.