Harrisburg, Pa. – (January 8, 2013) The 2013 Pennsylvania Auto Show is set to pack hundreds of new and certified pre-owned cars, trucks, SUVs, crossovers, convertibles, alternative fuel vehicles and more into the Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex & Expo Center. Held Thursday, January 24 through Sunday, January 27, the auto show is designed as a destination to research, compare and try hundreds of new models on for size. It features everything from alternative fuel vehicles and the hottest new coupes and crossovers, to full-size trucks, test drives and family fun.
Attendees can get a jump-start on researching their next new vehicle purchase at the Pennsylvania Auto Show. Several exciting all-new or redesigned vehicles will be making their auto show debuts including the Acura ILX, Buick Verano Turbo, Chevrolet Spark, Dodge Dart, Ford Fusion, Mercedes-Benz GL, Ram 1500, Scion FR-S, Subaru Crosstrek XV, Toyota Prius c and more. Showgoers can even get a sneak peek of vehicles not yet in dealerships, including the pre-production 2014 Chevrolet Impala. With so many new vehicles to survey, the auto show is the ideal place to try these on for size.
The Quality Plus Ford Stores’ Ride & Drive gives auto show attendees the opportunity to sit behind the wheel and get a real feel for the performance and handling of several new vehicles from Ford, including the Ford Escape, Taurus and Fusion. Brought to you by your Quality Plus Ford Stores. Hours are Friday and Saturday, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Back by popular demand, more than 250 pre-owned cars, trucks and SUVs from local new car dealerships will be on display in the Certified Pre-Owned Showcase, sponsored by PennLive.com and The Patriot News. Taking place in the Main Hall, attendees will be able to shop and compare a vast selection of like-new models from more than 20 local dealerships that have been thoroughly inspected to meet the highest manufacturer standards.
Attendees in the market for a new luxury vehicle will want to check out Luxury Hall. Returning to the Northwest Hall of the Farm Show Complex & Expo Center, Luxury Hall will feature displays from Acura, Audi, BMW, Infiniti, Jaguar, Land Rover, Lexus, Mercedes-Benz, Porsche and Volvo.
Also located in Luxury Hall will be displays of luxury antique and vintage cars. The Elegance at Hershey, the AACA Museum and the Rolls-Royce Foundation will showcase vehicles from their collections.
Enthusiasts won’t want to miss several specialty displays at the auto show. The hot rod and custom car club display features vehicles that promote interest in various forms of street rodding and custom car activity, courtesy of the Blue Moon Cruisers Rod & Custom Association. The SEMA Style Showcase includes highly customized rides tricked out with the latest aftermarket products and accessories. One of the automotive industry’s most influential designers, Neil Tjin, will also showcase a collection of dazzling SEMA vehicles at the Tjin Edition RoadShow display. Don’t miss the rare opportunity to check out his custom 2013 Toyota Tacoma, 2013 Ford Mustang GT and 2013 Chevrolet Camaro 1LE.
Following are the details on additional special promotions:
• Sony’s “Best In Class” a77 puts you in the World’s Fastest Cars powered by Amazon.com! FREE during show hours, attendees can stop by the Sony a77 Studio and step in front of the green screen to take a digital picture in some of the world’s fastest sports cars!
• Jimmy Riffle of the Gator Boys – Meet Jimmy Riffle of the Gator Boys, along with small alligators and other small reptiles, between 10 a.m. and 9 p.m. Friday and Saturday. He will also take photos with fans so don’t forget the camera! Attendees are not guaranteed to see celebrity during advertised hours.
• Weekend Kids Entertainment Area – Bring the kids to play on the inflatable Tropic Slide and the Moonbounce, get their faces painted and receive balloon animals.
• King Robota – Standing more than eight feet high, the Comic-Bot, King Robota, will entertain showgoers with his quick wit, dancing and musical talents on Friday at 7 p.m., Saturday between 12 noon & 7 p.m. and Sunday between 12 noon & 5 p.m.
• Family Day, sponsored by the Central Pennsylvania Blood Bank - Sunday, January 27 – Bring the whole family as all children ages 12 and younger will enjoy the day at the auto show for FREE. Catch special appearances by two legendary comic book and movie superheroes – Spider-Man® and Captain America®! Bring your camera and have your picture taken with Spider-Man between 10:30 a.m. and 1 p.m., and Captain America between 2 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. Attendees are not guaranteed to see characters during advertised hours.
• FREE Motor Trend Auto Shows App – Visit iTunes or Google Play to download the new Motor Trend Auto Shows free mobile App for the iPhone or Android. Use the App to buy tickets, map your route, view participating manufacturers and get vehicle information at a glance.
• FREE Subscription to Motor Trend Magazine – Showgoers will receive a FREE one-year subscription to Motor Trend magazine (a $12 value) just for attending. Simply complete the subscription card at the auto show and receive 12 issues of the world’s #1 automotive authority direct to your mailbox, courtesy of the Harrisburg Automotive Trade Association.
The Pennsylvania Auto Show is presented by the Harrisburg Automotive Trade Association, sponsored by PennLive.com and The Patriot News and produced by Motor Trend Auto Shows, LLC, the nation’s largest auto show producer and part of the Source Interlink Companies, Inc. The show will be open to the public Thursday, January 24 through Sunday, January 27, at the Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex and Expo Center, located at 2301 North Cameron Street, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.
Show hours are Thursday, 1 p.m. to 9 p.m., Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Sunday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission is $9 for adults, $5 for senior citizens (62 and older), students (with ID) and active military (with ID) and $3 for children (ages 7-12). Children six and younger are admitted free with a paying adult. Save time and money by purchasing E-tickets in advance at www.AutoShowHarrisburg.com and receive a $2 discount off regular adult admission. Weekday discount coupons for use at the box office are available while supplies last at participating Giant Food Stores. Additional information, discount coupons and directions are also available at www.AutoShowHarrisburg.com.
Follow PA Auto Show on Twitter; find us on Facebook.