ANAHEIM, Calif. – (September 4, 2012) Taking the auto show experience to the next level, the 2013-Model Orange County International Auto Show at the Anaheim Convention Center, Thursday, October 4 through Sunday, October 7, will offer attendees more than 100 vehicles to test drive – the most ever. More than a dozen manufacturers, including Camp Jeep’s Off-Road Test Track, all-electric CODA vehicles, Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Dodge, FIAT, Ford, GMC, Honda, Jeep, Nissan, Ram, Scion, Toyota and Volkswagen, will bring out all categories of vehicles, from sports cars to trucks and even the latest alternative fuel vehicles for attendees to experience.
All-new this year, the OC International Auto Show is hosting a first-time Ferrari and Lamborghini Ride Experience. Visitors simply take a test drive at one of the ride and drives offered, and text in a special code for the chance to win a ride with a professional driver in a Ferrari or Lamborghini at the show!
Ride and drive events include:
• Cadillac – The Standard of the World – Auto show attendees will have a chance to get behind the wheel of several vehicles from Cadillac including the CTS, Escalade Premium, SRX, XTS and more.
• Camp Jeep Anaheim – Returning again this year, Camp Jeep is an interactive adventure zone where professional 4x4 drivers take attendees on a ride to experience Jeep’s on and off-road capabilities. The Jeep test track includes logs, stumps, an angled drive-over and other terrains. It also features a thrilling hill climb where passengers experience the Jeep's traction capabilities while climbing and descending a 35 degree Jeep Mountain. Additionally, kids will be invited to test their driving abilities in the mini Power Wheel Jeeps, enjoy a 25’ climbing wall and listen to tunes spun by the Camp Jeep DJ.
• Ford’s Go Further Experience – Auto show attendees will have a chance to sit behind the wheel and get a real feel for the performance and handling of several new vehicles from Ford, powered by the Southern California Ford Dealers.
• The Ford Go Further Tour – Ford Motor Company has been perfecting electric vehicle technology for more than a decade and creating the future of electric vehicles with its development of plug-in hybrid and all-electric vehicles. Be the first to get behind the wheel and experience the Focus Electric and C-MAX Hybrid, the new lineup of electric and hybrid vehicles from Ford.
• Chevrolet, Buick, GMC – The Drive – Three ride and drives in one! Auto show attendees will have a chance to test drive and feel first-hand the performance and handling of several vehicles from Chevrolet, Buick and GMC including the new Camaro, Cruze, Sierra Denali, LaCrosse, Malibu Eco, Verano, Volt and more.
• The Chrysler Drive – Test drive the hottest sellers from Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram and FIAT including the Dodge Dart, Chrysler 300 and Ram 1500.
• The 2013 Honda Accord “It Starts with You” Test Drive Event – Be amongst the first to get behind the wheel and get a real feel for the performance and handling of the all-new 2013 Honda Accord.
• The Volkswagen Test Drive Experience – Experience the power of German engineering with test drives of several popular models including the Passat (Motor Trend’s 2012 Car of the Year®), the newly refined CC, fuel efficient Jetta TDI® Clean Diesel, Beetle, Tiguan and Eos.
• Nissan NEXT Innovation Center Tour – The all-new 2013 Altima and 100 percent electric LEAF™ will be featured.
• Scion Ride & Drive – The latest models from Scion will be available to drive right at the show!
• Toyota Drive Center – Drive several new Toyota models, including their expanded Prius lineup, to benefit a charity.
• CODA Test Drive – Experience the power and handling of a zero-emission EV sedan. The CODA sedan provides consumers 120-150 real-world driving miles per charge. The 6.6 kW on-board charger takes six hours to fully charge from empty, and two hours to charge for an average 40 mile commute.
The OC International Auto Show is one of the first auto shows of the 2013-Model season and the best place to see new vehicles side-by-side. Attendees are invited to check out all the latest rides in a non-selling environment, sit behind the wheels, inspect engines, kick tires and even take a spin in more vehicles than ever. The convention center will be packed with more than 500 of the hottest new cars, trucks, crossovers, exotics and more both inside and outside. The auto show will offer car lovers: an up close look at several new and pre-production models including the all new Dodge Dart, Honda Accord, Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG, Cadillac ATS, Ford C-MAX, 2014 Chevrolet Impala, Lexus LFA and more; the chance to win a new Jeep Wrangler; Cram the (Nissan) Cube for Cash Contest; L.A. Lakers Girls appearances and more.
The OC International Auto Show is owned and presented by the Orange County Automobile Dealers Association and produced by Motor Trend Auto Shows, LLC. The auto show will be open to the public Thursday, October 4 through Sunday, October 7, at the Anaheim Convention Center, located at 800 W. Katella Avenue in Anaheim. Follow the signs for convention
center parking, located on West Street, just south of Katella (more than 5,500 parking spaces available). Show hours are Thursday, from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m., Friday, from 12 noon to 10 p.m., Saturday, from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Sunday, from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Admission is $10 for adults, $6 for senior citizens (62 and older) and military (w/any DOD ID) and free for children 12 and under when accompanied by an adult. Attendees will receive a FREE one-year subscription to Motor Trend magazine (a $12 value) with each online ticket order or box office purchase, compliments of the Orange County Automobile Dealers Association. Advance E-tickets can be purchased at a discount from the official auto show Web site, www.AutoShowOC.com.
Follow Orange County International Auto Show on Twitter; find us on Facebook.